Do you wish to experience and maintain a personal revival? Most Christians I know would like a closer walk with God and a more personal relationship with the father. In his book, The Coming Revival: America’s Call to Fast, Pray, and “Seek God’s Face” Bill Bright suggests the following:
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal and un-confessed sin in your life.
- Seek forgiveness from all whom you have offended, and forgive all who have hurt you. Make restitution where God leads you.
- Examine your motives in every word and deed. Ask the Lord to search and cleanse your heart daily.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to guard your walk against complacency and mediocrity.
- Praise and give thanks to God continually and in all ways on all days, regardless of the circumstances.
- Refuse to obey your carnal (worldly) nature (Galatians 5:16-17).
- Surrender your life to Jesus Christ as your savior and Lord. Develop utter dependence on Him with total submission and humility.
- Study the attributes of God.
- Hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6).
- Love God with all of your heart, soul and mind (Deuteronomy 6:5).
- Appropriate the continual fullness and control of the Holy Spirit by faith on the basis of God’s command (Ephesians 5:18) and promise (1 John 5:14-15).
- Read, study, meditate on and memorize God’s holy, inspired, inerrant Word daily (Colossians 3:16).
- Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Fast and pray one 24-hour period each week. Fasting reduces the power of self so that the Holy Spirit can do a more intense work within us. Fasting brings yieldedness, even a holy brokeness, resulting in inner calm and self-control. It renews spiritual vision and inspires determination to follow God’s revealed plan for your life.
- Seek to share Christ daily as a way of life.
- Determine to live a holy, godly life of obedience and faith.
- Start or join a home or church Bible Study Group that emphasizes revival and a holy life.
Our nation is in a moral free fall and the Church for the most part is spiritually impotent. What can we do to stop the tragic decline? The only answer is to “seek God’s face” through fasting and prayer. This is an excellent work on fasting and prayer! Emphasizing revival in 2000 & beyond- Endorsed by many of today’s top evangelical leaders, it cuts right through many of the divisive issues in the church to the heart of spirituality, which is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The Coming Revival: America’s Call to Fast, Pray, and “Seek God’s Face”